Proper car care is important for the overall health of your vehicle. Fluid checks and exchanges only take a few moments, but they can be a make it or break it service for your car and its fuel efficiency. Learn about your fluids today and then call us when you need assistance with refilling or changing them.
We don’t expect you to be a vehicle maintenance expert, but it sure helps if you can identify the liquid that’s dripping out of your vehicle if that ever occurs. Come to our Chevy service center and we will get you taken care of as quickly as possible.
- Oil – Thick brown or black liquid. It keeps your engine lubricated and running efficiently. Oil changes are the most frequent vehicle maintenance needed.
- Brake fluid – Clear to brown and slick-texture. Keeps your vehicle’s brakes lubricated and working properly.
- Transmission fluid – Thin reddish or brown color. Needs to be free of particles and clean to work properly and keep your transmission lubricated.
- Radiator fluid (coolant, antifreeze) – Green or orange usually. Must be checked when vehicle is off and cooled down. This is what keeps the engine from overheating. If your coolant is ever low, be aware of the engine temp.
- Power steering fluid – Thin reddish or brown color. Leaks from the front of the car, rather than the center like transmission fluid. Toughness in steering can be an indication that it needs attention.
- Washer fluid – Usually blue. Not essential to vehicle engine system, but used for cleaning the windshield.
And if you find a clear liquid under your car that looks and smells like water, not to worry, it’s just condensation from the AC! To find us, residents of Glenview can search for a “Chevy dealer near me.”